Sunday, February 12, 2006

Farewell, Great TV!

It is with much sadness that I bid farewell to one of the funniest, smartest, most cutting-edge sitcoms ever to air on TV.
Yes, Arrested Development is dunzo. Thanks to lacklustre ratings and lots of poor choices on the part of the people at Fox, the show has ended with a shortened third season.

I am very very sad that this show was cancelled, and yet, I realize it was an inevitability, given that it did far better in DVD sales than it ever did on air. Still, I can't help but wonder if this is a reflection of the degeneration of social intelligence. Stupid shows like "The Surreal Life" and "Stacked" get to remain on the air, but a well-written one with subtle as well as overt humour gets canned. Maybe it's because smart intelligent educated people don't watch tons of cable TV; they only buy the good stuff on DVD.

At least C.S.I. and 24 are still going strong.

1 comments:

German said...

Funny Sarcastic German says: People have no time for things that are "funny" and "well-written" pfft

Serious German says: AD was fantastic on DVD because there are so many layers of funny and awkward it's impossible to see it all on TV. I still rewatch season 1 over and over again. I have to get season 2.